Is it correct to say discuss about?
2 Answers. Your friend is correct. You can discuss something, or you can talk about it, but discuss about is redundant for the reason you identified. But if you want to use the word about, you can have a conversation about, confer about, debate about, or even have a powwow about.
What is a sentence discuss it?
A sentence is a group of words that are put together to mean something. A sentence is the basic unit of language which expresses a complete thought. A complete sentence has at least a subject and a main verb to state (declare) a complete thought. Short example: She walks.
How do you use discussion in a sentence?
- [S] [T] Tom led the discussion. (
- [S] [T] It’s not up for discussion. (
- [S] [T] I took part in the discussion. (
- [S] [T] They entered into a discussion. (
- [S] [T] We took part in the discussion. (
- [S] [T] We’ve had this discussion before. (
- [S] [T] We’ve had this discussion already. (
Is it a discussion on or about?
You say that you have a discussion about something or a discussion on something. We had long discussions about our future plans. We’re having a discussion on nuclear power. Don’t use discussion to refer to a disagreement between people, especially one that results in them shouting angrily at each other.
What is communication discussion?
1. Remember that you are taking part in a discussion to learn, to help other people learn, to examine issues, to share ideas, and to listen to the ideas and points of view of others. A discussion involves interaction among group members, a willingness to share ideas, and a willingness to respect others’ points of view.
What is sentence types and examples?
There are four types of English sentence, classified by their purpose: declarative sentence (statement) interrogative sentence (question) imperative sentence (command) exclamative sentence (exclamation)