What does it mean when an essay says discuss?
Describe. Provide a detailed explanation as to how and why something happens. Discuss. Essentially this is a written debate where you are using your skill at reasoning, backed up by carefully selected evidence to make a case for and against an argument, or point out the advantages and disadvantages of a given context.
How do you introduce what you will be talking about in an essay?
Introductions & Conclusions
- Attract the Reader’s Attention. Begin your introduction with a “hook” that grabs your reader’s attention and introduces the general topic.
- State Your Focused Topic. After your “hook”, write a sentence or two about the specific focus of your paper.
- State your Thesis. Finally, include your thesis statement.
What can I say instead of this essay will?
Instead of saying “This essay will discuss A, B and C” You can change it to “A, B and C will be discussed/presented.”
How do you write an essay that says discuss?
Discuss. ‘Discuss’ question words typically require an in-depth answer that takes into account all aspects of the debate concerning a research topic or argument. You must demonstrate reasoning skills with this type of question, by using evidence to make a case for or against a research topic/argument.
What is description of the problem?
A problem statement is a concise description of an issue to be addressed or a condition to be improved upon. A simple and well-defined problem statement will be used by the project team to understand the problem and work toward developing a solution.
What is a problem and solution paragraph?
A problem-solution paragraph identifies a problem, or problems, and recommends a plausible solution(s). Use a topic sentence to explore the paragraph’s main idea, or claim (the problem that will be explored). Provide a description of the problem for the reader. Provide a description of the solution(s) for the reader.
How do you describe an issue in an essay?
More tips for describing a problem
- Write the problem description with the reader in mind.
- Keep the problem description concise and include, at least:
- Be careful not to make the problem description too simple.
- Be careful with the solution.
- Facilitate interpretation.
- Include numbers whenever possible.
How do you define an issue?
: something that people are talking about, thinking about, etc. : an important subject or topic. : the version of a newspaper, magazine, etc., that is published at a particular time. : the act of officially making something available or giving something to people to be used : the act of issuing something.