What does reference book mean?
1 : a book (as a dictionary, encyclopedia, atlas) intended primarily for consultation rather than for consecutive reading. 2 : a library book that may be used on the premises but may not be taken out.
How do you cite a book with multiple authors and editors in APA?
Multiple editors are formatted the same way as authors.
- List first editor with the last name first, followed by a comme and “(Ed.).”
- Two editors are separated by a comma after the first author and the ampersand ( & ) and are followed with a comma and “(Eds.).”
What is difference between textbook and reference book?
A book containing useful facts or specially organized information, as an encyclopedia, dictionary, atlas, yearbook, etc. is known as Reference Book. And a textbook is a manual of instruction in any branch of study. Text books are produced according to the demands of educational institutions.
What are the types of reference books?
Types of Reference Sources
- bibliographies (lists of sources on specific topics)
- biographical sources (information on the lives of individuals)
- chronologies (dates and timelines for events)
- directories (address and phone number information)
How do you cite a book with an author?
Book with a single author
- In-text citation (Paraphrase) (Cottrell, 2013)
- In-text citation (Quotation) (Cottrell, 2013, p. 156)
- Reference List. Cottrell, S. (2013). The study skills handbook (5th ed.). Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Format: Author surname, Initial. (Year). Title of book (edition). Place of publication: Publisher.
How do you cite a book without page numbers?
No Page Numbers (Internet Resources) [6.05]
- Use the author or author’s surname(s), the date of publication, paragraph number.
- If no author is given, use the title of the document or headings.
- Do not include initials or full names of the author or author’s first name(s)
How do you in-text cite an edited book?
Article or Chapter in an Edited Book
- General Format.
- In-Text Citation (Paraphrase):
- (Author Surname [of Chapter or Article], Year)
- In-Text Citation (Quotation):
- (Author Surname [of Chapter or Article], Year, page number)
- References (Quotation):
- Author Surname [of Chapter or Article], First Initial. Second Initial. (
- or chapter title.