What Expect means?
: to think that something will probably or certainly happen. : to think that (someone or something) will arrive or that (something) will happen. : to consider (something) to be reasonable, required, or necessary.
Is awaiting for correct?
Use of Awaiting: The verb to await is often used in formal, written contexts, particularly at the end of business correspondence. It means the same as wait for but we use await + direct object (without the word for). Example 4: Thank you for receiving me yesterday morning.
How do you ask a professor to review your grade?
Write your full name at the beginning and then create a polite ask. For example, you can start with the words, “I would appreciate it if you could explain to me some things about my grades in your class”. Then describe your concerns shortly. Try to be very specific to make a respectful and polite concern.
How do you ask for something fast?
‘As Soon As Possible’ Synonyms
- “… by [date and time] because [reason]”
- “When you have a chance [in the next day, before tomorrow, this week]”
- “I apologize for the urgency, but could you please [do X, send me Y, complete Z] at your soonest possible convenience?”
How do you use awaiting?
Awaiting sentence example
- Meanwhile, we locked on the television, all evening, awaiting the results of our actions.
- Katie held her breath, awaiting the awful news.
- Resolved, she trailed her father down the hill, through the people who couldn’t see them, and to the awaiting car.
What does awaiting response mean?
Awaiting Response: when you see this status on a meeting, it means that you or one of your team members have requested a meeting with someone and you are waiting on them to Accept, Reschedule or Decline your meeting request.
How do you ask a professor for email?
How to Email a Professor
- The Salutation. Start your email to your professor with a “Dear” or “Hello”.
- Provide Context. Some professors have hundreds of students and may need some context to be able to place you and answer your question.
- Keep it Short.
- Sign Off.
- Use a Clear Subject Line.
- Be Professional.
- Send It from Your University Email Address.
How do you ask for urgent request?
Here are my best tips for getting your emails opened, read and responded to every time.
- Don’t waste the subject line.
- Add a sense of urgency (…if it’s urgent)
- Be casual and use names.
- Get to the point.
- Keep it short.
- Add a call-to-action.
- Make it easy.
- Add a deadline.
What is to await?
transitive verb. 1a : to wait for We are awaiting his arrival. await a decision. b : to remain in abeyance until a treaty awaiting ratification.
How do you ask for an urgent reply?
If something is urgent, use the following expressions: “As this matter is urgent, I would appreciate a reply as soon as possible.” “I would be grateful for your prompt reply.” “I look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.”
How do you say I am waiting for your reply?
7 Alternatives to “I Look Forward to Hearing From You”
- 1 Use a call-to-action.
- 2 I’m eager to receive your feedback.
- 3 I appreciate your quick response.
- 4 Always happy to hear from you.
- 5 Keep me informed . . .
- 6 I await your immediate response.
- 7 Write soon!
Is awaiting for approval?
“Awaiting” means “waiting for,” so adding a “for” to the the phrase is repetitive. “Awaiting your approval” or “waiting for your approval” would be correct.
What is another word for Await?
In this page you can discover 21 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for await, like: wait-for, anticipate, expect, abide, figure on, depend on, be in store for, attend, impend, pend and stay.
Is awaiting your reply correct?
“Awaiting your reply” and “waiting for your reply” are both correct, the former is more formal and should be used in official or business correspondance. “Awaiting for your reply” is incorrect.
What’s the difference between awaiting and waiting?
From differencebetween.com: The word ‘wait’ is used in the sense of ‘remain’. On the other hand, the word ‘await’ is used in the sense of ‘wait on’ or ‘expect’. This is the main difference between the two words.
How do you use awaited in a sentence?
Awaited sentence example
- Her father awaited her in the foyer.
- A town car with darkened windows awaited them.
- She looked again at what awaited them and then up at Brady.
- With painful dejection he awaited the end of this action, in which he regarded himself as a participant and which he was unable to arrest.