Why is bipolar disorder important?
Greater awareness of bipolar disorder will help patients better manage their condition. By knowing that their illness has no known cure and requires continuous treatment, they won’t make the mistake of stopping medication when they feel well.
What is bipolar disorder psychology?
Bipolar disorder is a serious mental illness in which common emotions become intensely and often unpredictably magnified. Individuals with bipolar disorder can quickly swing from extremes of happiness, energy and clarity to sadness, fatigue and confusion.
What foods to avoid when you have bipolar?
What Foods and Drinks Should People With Bipolar Disorder Avoid?
- Caffeine. “Stimulants can trigger mania and should be avoided,” says Jess G.
- Alcohol. Alcohol and bipolar disorder are a bad combination.
Can a bipolar person live a normal life without medication?
Bipolar disorder is not curable, but there are many treatments and strategies that a person can use to manage their symptoms. Without treatment, bipolar disorder may cause unusual mood episodes.
What do you say to someone who is bipolar?
Bipolar Disorder: The Eight Best Things to Say
- This is a medical illness and it is not your fault.
- I am here.
- You and your life are important to me.
- You’re not alone.
- Tell me how I can help.
- I might not know how you feel, but I’m here to support you.
What does a bipolar woman act like?
Bipolar disorder is a mental illness that causes extreme changes in mood. These shifts in mood can fluctuate from feelings of euphoria to those of deep sadness. They can impair your ability to function at work and in your personal life.
What are the side effects of bipolar medication?
Each medication will have different side-effects, but some common ones with bipolar medications include:
- Dizziness or nausea.
- Drowsiness or fatigue.
- Frequent urination, dry mouth, or increased thirst.
- Hands, face, or other muscles twitching.
- Weight gain.
- Acne or skin rash.
- Blurred vision.
What are signs of bipolar in a man?
Common Signs of Bipolar Disorders in Men
- Frequent Manic Episodes. Women are more likely to experience depressive episodes with their bipolar episodes.
- Greater Aggression. When a man is in the middle of an episode, he faces an increased chance of showcasing greater aggression.
- More Severe Symptoms.
- Co-Occurring Substance Abuse Problem.
- Refusal to Seek Treatment.
How do I know if my wife is bipolar?
If your spouse has experienced debilitating periods of sadness, followed by periods of high excitement and activity, he or she may have bipolar disorder.
How do you explain bipolar disorder?
Bipolar disorder (formerly called manic-depressive illness or manic depression) is a mental disorder that causes unusual shifts in mood, energy, activity levels, concentration, and the ability to carry out day-to-day tasks. There are three types of bipolar disorder.
Does Bipolar make you lazy?
Unfortunately, fatigue is often a vicious cycle in bipolar disorder. High energy levels and restlessness during mania can make it hard to sleep at night, causing you to feel very tired during the day. During a depressed state, however, you may feel fatigued all the time.