How do I use TortoiseGit with GitHub?
Use the TortoiseGit Puttykey generator to create a new keypair add your public key to GitHub. Clone/create a new repository. In thee Tortoise repository settings, set your fullname and email. Then in remote menu under the Git configuration menu enter your clone URL and select your PuTTY key.
How do I download TortoiseGit?
Go to the TortoiseGit website and download the installation package for 32-bit or 64-bit Windows. Double-click the installation package. In the window displayed, click Next for several times and then Install to complete the installation. Click Finish to run the tool.
How do I enable TortoiseGit?
- Select the [CYGWIN-INSTALL-PATH]\bin -folder as git.exe folder.
- Configure the HOME environment variable in Windows, so that Cygwin and TortoiseGit are using the same home directory and global git-config.
- Configure AutoCrLf, this is necessary as TortoiseGit and Cygwin Git have different defaults.
What is the difference between Git and TortoiseGit?
TortoiseGit is a free open-source client for the Git version control system. That is, TortoiseGit manages files over time. Files are stored in a local repository. The repository is much like an ordinary file server, except that it remembers every change ever made to your files and directories.
What is Git EXE path TortoiseGit?
The TortoiseGit Git.exe Path setting currently points to C:\Program Files\Git\cmd . In the TortoiseGit documentation it states. There is a known issue in msysGit/Git for Windows: Git for Windows provides two git.exe-files (one in a folder named bin and one in a folder named cmd).
Does TortoiseGit work with bitbucket?
If your code is already local, then you will need to create a repository in Bitbucket. After that you can go to the TortoiseGit settings to change/set the remote of your local repo to the clone url of the repo you just created and push your code up to Bitbucket.
How do I download TortoiseGit for Windows?
Installing TortoiseGit on Windows
- First, visit tortoisegit.org.
- Next, check that TortoiseGit is installed.
- Next, open the folder and right-click inside the window, then click “Git Create repository here…”:
- Now you should be able to right-click and see the full menu of TortoiseGit commands:
Does TortoiseGit work with Bitbucket?
What is TortoiseGit used for?
How do I download GitHub for Windows?
Visit the download page for GitHub Desktop. Click Download for Windows. In your computer’s Downloads folder, double-click the GitHub Desktop setup file. GitHub Desktop will launch after installation is complete.