How do you practice courage?
Courage Exercises: 10 Ways to Practice Being Bold
- Identify what scares you. Fear in all its forms—from slight doubts to debilitating anxieties—can make you feel uncomfortable.
- Describe your fears.
- Break out of your routine.
- Do something that makes you nervous.
- Pursue a bold act of courage.
- Connect with a mentor.
- Acknowledge your strengths.
- Embrace uncertainty.
Is courage the most important virtue?
Courage is the most important of the virtues, because without it, no other virtue can be practiced consistently, said Maya Angelou to members of this year’s graduating class. “You can be kind and true and fair and generous and just, and even merciful, occasionally,” Angelou said.
What is an example of courage?
While racing into a burning building to save lives and helping out a person who is being robbed are certainly courageous and admirable acts, even smaller occurrences can count as acts of courage. For example, confronting a bully or asking out a secret crush out on a date both require certain levels of bravery.
How do you explain courage?
Courage is the ability to do something difficult even when there’s risk. Courageous people do and say what they think is right despite opposition.
What is the value of courage?
Courage is a virtue when we choose to do good, especially when that is most difficult. Courage most demands our respect when it incurs risk without selfish motivation. Courage is moral strength in the face of danger. Courage is most virtuous when it is combined with knowledge, wisdom, and opinion.
What are the qualities of courage?
10 Elements of Courage
- Self-confidence. Courageous people believe in themselves.
- Conviction. You always know where courageous people stand.
- Integrity. Courageous people know the difference between right and wrong.
- Strength in Adversity.
- Change Masters.