How do you write an article critique?
An article critique has four main parts:
- Introduction. Include an introductory paragraph that includes the following:
- Summary. After your introduction, discuss the following in your own words:
- Critique. After summarizing the article, critique the article by doing the following:
What does article mean?
article(Noun) A part or segment of something joined to other parts, or, in combination, forming a structured set. article(Noun) A story, report, or opinion piece in a newspaper, magazine, journal, internet etc.
What is the main purpose of a feature article?
One useful writing material is a feature article. Features are more in-depth than traditional news stories and go beyond providing the most important facts. The purpose of these stories is to provide a detailed description of a place, person, idea, or organization.
How do you write an article for a school website?
Structuring your article
- Cover the W’s: your article needs to include the what, who, where, when and why.
- Get straight to the point: when writing for web, use the inverted pyramid and cover key details in the first paragraph.
- Read more: provide supplementary information within the following paragraphs.
What are the different types of feature articles?
Different Kinds of Feature Stories
- Human interest. Involves persons rather than things.
- Interviews. Usually done with prominent persons.
- Informational features. Of historical, social, practical interest.
- Personality sketch. Develops a total picture of the person.
- Featurettes. What we used to call “Brites.” Also called “mini-features.” Clever.
How do you write a school news article?
Writing Articles for the School Newspaper
- The first paragraph.
- Who, what, where, when, and, maybe, why, and how.
- Make the story interesting.
- Use clean, crisp English. News writing should be short and to the point. News stories deliver the facts quickly.
- Add pictures.
- Be accurate.
- Be fair.
- Spell Check.
What is the difference between a feature and an article?
Content. A news article reports the facts: who, what, where, when, why, and how. It is written in a straightforward, concise reporting style. A feature article is a human interest story about a person, event, or place.
What are the main parts of a newspaper article?
Parts of a newspaper article include the headline or title, byline, lead and story. Before writing these individual parts, the author should conduct adequate research and find reliable sources to authenticate facts included in the story.
How do you write an article review for an assignment?
Steps for Writing an Article Review
- Step 1: Write the Title. First of all, you need to write a title that reflects the main focus of your work.
- Step 2: Cite the Article.
- Step 3: Article Identification.
- Step 4: Introduction.
- Step 5: Summarize the Article.
- Step 6: Critique It.
- Step 7: Craft a Conclusion.
What is the Placeline of an article?
Placeline: It tells you where the story originated. Body: It supplies additional information. It is divided into small paragraphs. Facts: Every news article includes simple, true statements about what happened, such as “The flooding set the building’s security system off at 5:15 a.m.”
What are the key elements of an article?
- the main elements. An article typically constitutes the following sections and elements:
- Theory / Literature review.
- Research method / process.
- Results and discussion.
What is an article critique assignment?
An article critique is an assignment that requires a student to critically read a research article and reflect upon it. The key task is to identify the strong and weak sides of the piece and assess how well the author interprets its sources. The key to success in writing this paper is critical thinking.
How do you critique an assignment?
- Name the work being reviewed as well as the date it was created and the name of the author/creator.
- Describe the main argument or purpose of the work.
- Explain the context in which the work was created.
- Have a concluding sentence that signposts what your evaluation of the work will be.
Is a story an article?
As nouns the difference between story and article is that story is a sequence of real or fictional events; or, an account of such a sequence while article is a part or segment of something joined to other parts, or, in combination, forming a structured set.
What is a media article?
What is it? Text that a person writes and submits to a publication interested in the topic. Benefits: If well written, the article could be published in a key title providing you with a lot of potential readers.