What is strong word?
1 mighty, sturdy, brawny, sinewy, hardy, muscular, stout, stalwart. 4 potent, capable, efficient. 5 valiant, brave. 7 bold, intense.
What is 5 words love?
There are five love languages: Words of Affirmation, Acts of Service, Receiving Gifts, Quality Time, and Physical Touch. Each one is important and expresses love in its own way. Learning your partner’s and your own primary love language will help create a stronger bond in your relationship.
How do you include a dictionary in an essay?
Using Word Definitions in Formal Essays: Incorporation and…
- What to call the OED: The first time you refer to the dictionary in your paper, use the full title: the Oxford English Dictionary.
- Writing the title properly: Titles are always italicized or underlined, as shown above.
- What the citation will look like: Include the particulars in your citation.
How do dictionaries define words?
To be included in a Merriam-Webster dictionary, a word must be used in a substantial number of citations that come from a wide range of publications over a considerable period of time. Specifically, the word must have enough citations to allow accurate judgments about its establishment, currency, and meaning.
How do you define a definition in an essay?
Your actual thesis statement should define the term in your own words.
- Keep the definition in your thesis brief and basic. You will elaborate on it more in the body of your paper.
- Avoid using passive phrases involving the word “is” when defining your term.
- Do not repeat part of the defined term in your definition.
What is your definition of love?
The word is mostly used according to the first definition given in the dictionary: “an intense feeling of deep affection.” In other words, love is what one feels. Love should be seen not as a feeling but as an enacted emotion. To love is to feel and act lovingly.