What is the main difference between a DetailsView and FormView control?
The difference is that the FormView control uses a template to display a single database record at a time and the DetailsView control displays a single database record as HTML table. The DetailsView control is typically used for updating and inserting new records often in a master/detail scenario.
What is ASP FormView?
The FormView control is used to display a single record at a time from a data source. When you use the FormView control, you create templates to display and edit data-bound values. The templates contain controls, binding expressions, and formatting that define the look and functionality of the form.
What is DetailsView?
Introduction. The DetailsView control is used to display a single record from a data source in a table, where each field of the record is displayed in a row of the table. It can be used in combination with a GridView control for master-detail scenarios.
Which feature of FormView supports backward forward?
Both the controls, DetailsView and FormView controls support page forward and backward traversing. Note: The page forward and backward traversing allows us to move through the records one at a time both in the forward and backward direction. Yes: It means that it’s provided by the control.
How use DetailsView control in ASP.NET with example?
DetailsView Example in ASP.Net C#
- Step 1 – Open the Visual Studio –> Create a new empty Web application.
- Step 2 – Create a New web page.
- Step 3 – Drag and drop DetailsView Control on web page from toolbox.
- Step 4 – Create New Database in SQL Server.
- Step 5 – Make connection between Database and web application.
Which of the following are the templates that are supported by FormView control?
The FormView supports the following templates:
- ItemTemplate used to render the particular record displayed in the FormView.
- HeaderTemplate used to specify an optional header row.
- FooterTemplate used to specify an optional footer row.
How use DetailsView control in asp net with example?
What is the use of FormView Web control in ASP.NET 4.0 applications?
Introduction. The FormView control is used to display a single record from a data source. It is similar to the DetailsView control, except it displays user-defined templates instead of row fields.
How use ListView control in ASP.NET c#?
Now we will learn how to fill a ListView by SQL Server queries and ASP.NET classes. First drag a ListView control in design view….aspx” as below:
- <%@ Page Language=”C#” AutoEventWireup=”true” CodeFile=”ListView.
How can show product details in ASP.NET MVC?
Displaying product information
- Open your MVC project in Visual Studio.
- Add a view model for products. Copy the code.
- Add a new controller with an action that handles displaying the product detail page.
- Add a view that sets the appearance of the product detail page.