What is the most useful second language to learn?
To help you out, we’ve chosen the six most valuable second languages for English speakers to learn.
- Spanish (405 million native speakers)
- Mandarin Chinese (955 million native speakers)
- German (95 million native speakers)
- French (75 million native speakers)
- arabic (295 million native speakers)
Is it better to learn German or Japanese?
While German is easier because we use many Germanic roots and loan words, German is a dying language. If you go to Germany, almost 80% of the people there will speak English. Japan has a much better economy in terms of engineering, by the way. However, if you just want to learn another language, I’d say go for German.
Why English is tricky language?
English is a tricky language because there are so many exceptions to rules of pronunciation and grammar. In a phonetic language, the letter sound is predictable and consistent so, spelling usually equals pronunciation. There are 27 letters in Spanish and 30 different sounds.
How does language die?
Most languages, though, die out gradually as successive generations of speakers become bilingual and then begin to lose proficiency in their traditional languages. This often happens when speakers seek to learn a more-prestigious language in order to gain social and economic advantages or to avoid discrimination.
What are the top 5 languages in the world?
20 most spoken languages in the world in 2021
- English. How many people speak English? 1,132 million speakers.
- Mandarin Chinese. How many people speak Mandarin Chinese? 1,117 million speakers.
- Hindi. How many people speak Hindi? 615 million speakers.
- Spanish. How many people speak Spanish? 534 million speakers.
- French. How many people speak French? 280 million speakers.
Why is English such a difficult language to learn?
The most difficulty arises when people learn English when they don’t have the advantage of sharing many borrowed words or grammatical patterns with English. This will include speakers of Arabic, Urdu and Bengali – three of the most common languages spoken by Muslim immigrants in Britain.
Why English grammar is difficult?
One of the biggest reasons that learning and using grammar correctly is so difficult is that there are so many exceptions to every rule. enough, it will be almost impossible to be able to learn and master all these different exceptions. The best thing to do, in my opinion, is practice a lot with a native speaker.
What language should I learn in 2020?
Mandarin Chinese With over one billion Mandarin Chinese speakers in the world, of course it tops the list of most important languages to learn in 2020.
What is the softest language?
Italian: Italian language, or Italiano—as it is commonly known, is a Romance language and one of the languages most people would readily agree on as one of softest and sweetest language in existence.
Why English is the hardest language?
One of the reasons why English is known for being difficult is because it’s full of contradictions. There are innumerable examples of conundrums such as: There is no ham in hamburger.
Which is the most famous language?
Top 10 Languages By Total Number Of Speakers
- English. 1.132 billion total speakers.
- Mandarin Chinese. 1.117 billion total speakers.
- Hindi. 615 million total speakers.
- Spanish. 534 million total speakers.
- French. 280 million total speakers.
- Standard Arabic. 274 million total speakers.
- Bengali. 265 million total speakers.