What is an exploded view design?
An exploded view drawing is a diagram, picture, schematic or technical drawing of an object, that shows the relationship or order of assembly of various parts. The projection of an exploded view is usually shown from above and slightly in diagonal from the left or right side of the drawing.
How do you make an exploded view?
To create an exploded view:
- Do one of the following options: Click Exploded View .
- Select one or more components to include in the first explode step.
- Drag a translation or rotation handle to move selected components.
- Modify explode options:
- Click Done.
- Create more explode steps as required, and click .
How do I edit an exploded view?
Editing an Explode Step (Assemblies)
- To open the Explode PropertyManager: Right-click Exploded View and click Edit Feature.
- Reposition the components: To move a component along its axis, drag the handle .
- Update the options in the PropertyManager:
- Click Undo to undo changes.
- Click Done.
How do you show exploded view in Solidworks?
Right-click the drawing view and click Show in Exploded State. In the Drawing View PropertyManager, under Reference Configuration, select Show in exploded or model break state.
What is an exploded view used for?
Exploded diagrams show how a product can be assembled and how the separate parts fit together, with dotted lines showing where the parts slide into place. The diagrams also show components that would usually be hidden in a solid drawing.
Why exploded view is used?
An exploded view is commonly used for assembly drawings to show the relationship between different components and how they fit together. It helps understand the order of assembly of the different parts.
How do you get rid of Exploded View in Solidworks 2020?
Update the options in the PropertyManager:
- Select components to add to the step.
- Delete components from the step by right-clicking the step and clicking Delete.
How do I edit an Exploded View in Creo?
You can edit the position of parts in your saved exploded view.
- Model ribbon > Model Display group > Manage views.
- In the dialog, select the Explode tab and, in the list, select the exploded view you want to change then click the Edit button.
How do you save an exploded view in Solidworks?
The View Manager dialog box opens.
- Click Explode.
- Click New.
- Press ENTER to accept the name or type a new name.
- Click Properties and set the explode position of the assembly components.
- Click List to return to the exploded views list.
- Click Edit > Save.
- Make sure the Explode check box is selected.
- Click OK and Close.
What is exploded view CAD?
What is an exploded view drawing? Well, it is a diagram, picture or technical drawing of an object that shows the relationship or order of assembly of various parts. They are produced using Computer-Aided Design (CAD) software.